Thursday, January 17, 2013

Gonorrhea Test: The Key to Early Diagnosis

Gonorrhea is no joke of a disease. Caused by the bacteria neisseria gonorrhoeae, this STD can be very painful and has the potential to seriously affect the reproductive system and other parts of the body if left unchecked. Clearly, it's very important to be able to recognize its symptoms before they have the chance to wreak havoc with you or your intimate partner's body. This knowledge, combined with regular gonorrhea testing for sexually active adults, can help to stem the spread of the uncomfortable disease. If gonorrhea is detected early enough, the worst of its effects can be prevented and its symptoms can be eliminated without any lasting damage. You should arm yourself with this knowledge and be prepared for anything by getting tested at a reliable clinic.

Symptoms from gonorrhea show up relatively quickly, usually within four to six days of infection. These symptoms vary by gender, but either sex is at risk for carrying and suffering from the disease.

The Warning Signs for Women

Half of the women who contract gonorrhea remain asymptomatic. Of those showing symptoms, the common culprits are bleeding during vaginal sex, sharp pain or burning while urinating, and/or a discolored or bloody vaginal discharge. There's also a risk of irregular menstruation, lower abdominal pain, and genital itching as the disease progresses to its advanced stages. Female symptoms can be very mild, which is dangerous because it could lead you to mistake a gonorrhea infection for a bladder infection or other, less serious diseases. Make no mistake: don't leave diagnosis to your judgment! If and when these symptoms first show up, leave it to the experts and ask for gonorrhea testing. Early diagnosis can mean a complete recovery with no lasting effects.

The Warning Signs for Men

Symptoms are typically much more obvious for men, though no less annoying; be aware that a small portion of men remain asymptomatic, as well. Early warning symptoms in the male anatomy include discharge from the penis (clear, yellow, or even bloody) and/or sharp pain in the urethra (especially when urinating).

Definitely let your doctor know if you regularly practice oral sex or receptive anal sex. These can affect your gonorrhea testing and treatment plans, and may also lead to additional symptoms for both genders, including anal discharge, anal bleeding, or a sore throat.

Why Early Diagnosis Matters

It's much easier and cheaper for an STD clinic to administer a gonorrhea test and prescribe antibiotics in the early stages of the disease than it is for you to handle late-stage complications, especially if you are pregnant. If you have only lived with the disease for a few days, your body is naturally resilient enough to bring you back to normal after the course of medication is through. On the other hand, untreated gonorrhea can and does lead to skin lesions, forms of arthritis, infertility, or even blindness. Also, keep in mind that having one STD like gonorrhea puts you at dramatically increased risk for contracting other STDs, like HIV or Chlamydia.

The only proven methods of preventing gonorrhea are abstinence (unlikely) or mutually monogamous sex with a clean partner (fairly likely). Using a condom in the prescribed manner also goes a long way towards preventing gonorrhea infection. Still, you can't know everything, and sometimes unexpected developments can lead to unwanted diseases. With this in mind, knowing the warning signs truly is the key to early diagnosis and successful management of gonorrhea. You shouldn't wait for them to go away on their own—which, by the way, isn't an indicator that you no longer have the disease—and you shouldn't hesitate if you or your friends show these symptoms. Even if you don't have symptoms, it's highly recommended that you get yourself tested regularly as part of your routine healthcare.

New York metropolitan residents should consult STD Center NY for unrivaled, board-certified medical attention for all of your questions, concerns, or inquiries. Just blocks from Grand Central Station and easily accessible by train or bus, STD Center NY features affordable, private, state-of-the-art gonorrhea testing services. Call 1-212-696-5900 for an appointment or log onto stdcenterny.com for more information. Be sure to check out their Travel Clinic as well. Get tested and get informed!

6 comments:

  1. sti screening is best way to be sure if you're infected or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,HPV,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lun,Fribroid,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are many accessories can be use to make yourself relaxed in shower. You can install music systems to enjoy your times. You can also have bath aids to sit and relax for a moment. It will give you extra enjoyment in your shower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ik ben 47 jaar oud en vrouw. Ik kreeg een paar jaar geleden de diagnose COPD en ik was niet meer bang! Mijn longfunctietest gaf een capaciteit van 49% aan. Na een jaar geleden griep te hebben gehad, bleven de kortademigheid, het hoesten en de pijn op de borst zelfs na een antibioticabehandeling. Ik rook al 36 jaar twee pakjes per dag. Geboren zonder borstbeen zorgde ervoor dat mijn ribben slechts een centimeter van mijn ruggengraat verwijderd waren, wat resulteerde in onderontwikkelde longen. Toen ik 34 was, werd ik geopereerd en het werd verholpen. Helaas heeft mijn roken alleen maar meer schade aan mijn reeds onderontwikkelde longen veroorzaakt. Het probleem was dat ik graag rook en niet wil opgeven! Heb het al twee keer eerder geprobeerd en werd bijna gek en wil dat niet nog een keer meemaken. Ik zag de angst in de ogen van mijn man en kinderen toen ik hen over mijn toestand vertelde, en toen begonnen ze zelf een oplossing te vinden om mijn toestand te verhelpen. Ik ben nu 47 bij wie de diagnose COPD-emfyseem werd gesteld, waarvan ik weet dat het uit mijn jaren kwam van roken. Ik begon met roken op school toen roken sociaal acceptabel was. Ik herinner me dat roken in ziekenhuizen was toegestaan. Het was toen niet bekend hoe gevaarlijk sigaretten voor ons waren, en het leek alsof iedereen rookte, maar ik was in staat om van mijn COPD-longaandoening af te komen door de hulp van dr. Akhigbe totale geneeskrachtige kruidengeneeskunde. Mijn man zag zijn getuigenis op internet dat hij zijn krachtige medicijn gebruikte om verschillende ziekten te genezen. We hebben contact opgenomen met zijn e-mail [drrealakhigbe@gmail.com} Hij heeft de juiste kruidenformule om u te helpen bij het wegwerken en herstellen van longaandoeningen en andere ziekten, zal u volledig en permanent genezen met zijn natuurlijke biologische kruiden. We hebben het medicijn per koerier ontvangen onderhoud. Ik wens dat iedereen die op jonge leeftijd begint met roken, beseft wat er uiteindelijk met hun lichaam zal gebeuren als ze hun hele leven doorgaan met die gemene gewoonte.
    Dr. , STAPHYLOCOCCUS, HEPATITIS A / B, SNELLE EJACULATIE, IMMUNOTHERAPIE, GONORRHEA, SYFILIS, AFVAL / RUGPIJN, PELVISCHE ONTSTEKING, LULVERGROTING, HARTZIEKTEN, TERMINALE ZIEKTE, ZIEKTE, ZIEKTE VAN DE KLEUR, ACHTERGROND GRAVEN ZIEKTE, GEHOORVERLIES, INTERSTITIËLE CYSTITIS, LEUKEMIE, MEERVOUDIGE SCLEROSE, OBESITAS, RABY'S, SCOLIOSE, INFLUENZA, POLIO, JACOB, ENZ. Als u op zoek bent naar uw genezing, neem dan contact op met dr Akhigbe via zijn e-mail drrealakhigbe@gmail.com of neem contact op met zijn whatsapp-nummer +2349010754824
    God zegene u, Dr. Akhigbe, voor uw goede handwerk in mijn leven.

    ReplyDelete